CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

To The Bone

I'm working working working. My fingers to the bone. Literally. Hence the title of this cheesy post. My husband helped me accomplish 5200 pieces on Saturday and Sunday. And I was crazy enough to take another 5200 pieces home yesterday. They are due back on Friday and this is one of the busiest weeks of the year for me with Halloween, assemblies, parties and doctor appointments for the girls. I could be a little insane. But if I do crack up there will be money to pay for the therapy I will need. :)

My kid is so freakin' awesome. He was chosen as Citizen of the Month for his class. Incredibly cool. He's been chosen each year. So this is his fourth time as citizen of the month. He works so hard at school. Although he will tell you it comes easy to him. I think he's like his dad.

He's also accumulated almost 100 points on his accelerated reader testing. Since September! Not an easy feat when most books are worth 2-10 points. How did he rack up so many points? Half of the Harry Potter series books. And that didn't include book 7. It's too new for them to have a test on it. My 8 year old read book 7 and probably understood it better than me. He was explaining it to me this weekend and I had one of those moments where I was thinking "I'm not worthy". Now he has decided to read some easy books at his grade level. He reads a few each day. I'm not kidding. I can't keep enough books in this house for him to read. Library here we come!

He's also turning pre-teen. We went shopping this weekend and he picked out a cool winter skull cap style hat. And proceeded to wear it all weekend long. Even in the house. On the other end of the spectrum he picked out a preppy argyle sweater from a different store and wears it all the time with his cords. One day he's a prep, the next he's in his camo and t-shirt. 8 year old identity searching. Very interesting!

The girls are fine. Driving me crazy and loving kindergarten!!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Can I just tell you how reading that about your son makes me so happy for you?!?!? That is super impressive on his reading level. That alone will make the rest of his school career a good one. If he can read that much and that well for his age now, imagine how smart that little bugger will be later!!! Give that little man a hug from me and tell him great job on the citizen thing and awesome job on his reading!!