The last week before the start of the school year is upon us. Summer of 2007 is almost over. Sad? Nope. Ready for back to school? Absolutely.
My husband told me it is awful that I am excited for the kids to be back to school. To me it's a great thing to have the munchkins back in class. I'm excited for my "babies" to start kindergarten. I'm excited to have them learning in the classroom again. They do alright with me but I am not a great homeschooling mom. My plans for this summer kind of went out the window. I realized that I just wasn't together enough mentally to get it all done. I'm not sad for that, just realistic. Too much happening on way too many levels for us to get our heads out of our butts and be productive. Or for me to get my head out of my butt.
We did come out of the summer in one piece. Which is more than I can say I had hoped at the beginning of the summer. Mid-June when school let out I was running on empty, heavily sinking in the grief over my mom's death just three weeks before. Fast forward to the end of August and I see the way that life is going to be. Things are different on some levels but our day to day family life hasn't changed.
The five of us are a pretty tight unit and we are going to work together to get through each day. Work, school and maybe even some karate if I can arrange it mid-September. How darn cute will Angelina and Allison look doing karate? Ha.
To get us ready for the school year my husband and I spent the weekend sans kids. They went to my sister-in-law's house and we stayed at home hanging out. Watching bad reality tv and eating out. They came home stocked up with school supplies and new shoes and now I only have to get them some new clothes and send them off.
Good-by August. Hello school year.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Last Week Before School
Posted by Jen at 7:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment