CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What I've Been Up To

I've been busy. Constantly cleaning things. Not scrubbing things down, dusting or mopping. But purging. I've never been one to have tons of "stuff". Yet, I've noticed lately that things are accumulating. My mindset could be in part to the realization that my mom never parted with a damn thing. From school papers of ours, to clothes to a paper trail of the last 30 years of her life. Not one thing. So I'm purging. And organizing.

Today I worked on my bedroom. Two huge garbage bags of clothing to go to the Salvation Army or some other place. Put my scrapbook stuff back together (but not organized yet!). Collected things and put them in our safe. Collected other mementos and started up a box for them. My dresser and closet look nicely put together now. And I have clothes that I had forgotten about. That's always a bonus.

Left still to work on are our financial papers. Time to purge and re-organize those. Only a file cabinet to work on there. But it'll still take me a good chunk of time.

I've only been sleeping about 6 hours a night. Too much to do and too much on my mind. And I've dropped some weight, but too fast probably. Now that I've started dropping again I'm on mission to keep going just like I was last year. Kate's wedding is in less than two months and I want to look nice and be at a better weight just for life in general.

I've also been heading out to the house a couple times a week. Sometimes it's to clean and organize, other times it's to get going on funeral thank you's or remaining work there with funeral stuff. This weekend we'll have made more progress on the house and funeral thank you's. Last weekend we completed and sent out Kate's wedding invitations. Lot's going on....lot's to plan and take care of so that those two kiddos can get married next month.

0 comments: