We spent the day out at the house with my dad. Today, 34 years ago, my parents were married at St. A's. It was a bittersweet day today. We accomplished a few simple tasks this morning and went out to lunch with Aunt Karen, Dad, Melissa, Kate and the kids plus me. I did some of my newly assigned tasks too.
Eventually the sitting around and doing much of nothing got to me. So I cleaned out three more cupboards in the kitchen. Each time I clean a cupboard, drawer or closet I usually find some sentimental item or something that Mom bought for someone and then misplaced. She tended to do that a lot. Today I found the pins she bought for Aunt Connie and Crystal after they participated in the 3-Day in her honor last year. Beautiful little pins. Each time I find something like that memories come back. Sometimes I find something and have to ask someone who it is for or who made it. I've been finding lots of crafty items that we made for her in grade school. The woman hadn't had a kid in grade school in over ten years but she has all of our school made stuff tucked away in little crevices throughout the house. Dad says there are just boxes of our school stuff in the garage too. Not sure how I feel about seeing all that stuff that she saved of ours.
Today was today. Not awful but not the best day of my life either. Just a day. I tried to think about looking through the wedding pictures but that was as far as I got. Just thought about it. Maybe I'll look at them this summer.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Today
Posted by Jen at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment