We spent our Saturday by the pool. Ghetto fabulous, darling. Nothing like being able to hear the hot-rods cruise Gratiot as we swim in our easy-set pool. The kids had a blast, my dad drove over here and ate a couple of meals with us, and Steve placed woodchips in the front flower bed that I had recently de-weeded. Damn. We sound pretty productive, don't we?
We don't have visitors very often. But it always seems like someone comes to our house on Gratiot Cruise weekend. And that person gets stuck driving in the cruise for about two hours because they can't get across town down a certain street that they normally drive to get to us. And you don't make left turns during the cruise and they close the side streets. So you drive the cruise until you can finally turn around. Happened to my Dad today. Luckily it didn't send him into a snit fit. He actually enjoyed himself as he had the moonroof open and just liked watching the cars around him. Had it been me I would have blown a gasket trying to get from point A to B. Maybe I should learn something from that!
I'm actually working quite well on my tan. The benefit of having an evening job...I can spend as much time in the sun as I want. Why go back to work during the day if I can get a great tan and be with my kids all day. Now if only I could figure out a way to drink during the day and yet still be able to function at work. There's nothing like sitting by the pool with a drink of your choice and relaxing. Diet Coke can only cut it for so long!
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there. We are spending ours with my family.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Saturday Poolside
Posted by Jen at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment