Today is a another day. A new day. A Wednesday. A winter Wednesday. A stay in your bed with the tv on and cozy up under the blankets day.
But like all parents whose children attend school that wasn't the case this morning. No matter how many times I hit snooze, no matter how cuddly Angelina was, no matter that Allison scared the jeepers out of me when I woke up and found her sitting at the end of my bed just staring at me with a goofy smile on her face...no matter about those things. I had to get up and get it going.
Motivating my children to get moving on these cold, dark wintery mornings is not the easiest thing to do lately. It's not the hardest thing I've ever done but I try to do it with a smile and soft words.
Being Screaming Mommy doesn't make anyone's days get off to a good start. Want your breakfast on the couch? Okay, just eat it. You want to wear the blue sweater with the pink pants? Okay, just get dressed. You want to brush your teeth while playing Game Boy and not wearing any clothes. Just brush the darn teeth already (and don't drop that Game Boy in the sink full of water!).
What will tomorrow bring? I don't know but I am looking forward to Friday. A no-school, don't have to get up, can lay around, Friday. Oh beautiful Friday.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Another Day
Posted by Jen at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment