I've been to the theater three times in eight days. That is more times than I've gone to see a movie in the past four years all together! What's the deal?!?
Last weekend it was Ice Age 2 The Meltdown. All five of us went and had a great time. We went to MJR on Van Dyke as part of the Fall Festival. Kids were free, adults were $1! Our family saw a movie and had snacks for under $15 total. What a deal. The movie was okay, probably not one I'll be buying on DVD.
Saturday we left the kiddos with my parents and went on a movie/dinner date. We saw Flags of Our Fathers. That movie was alright. Steve expected something else completely and I didn't really know what to expect. I have a feeling most people in the theater thought it was a good movie because at some point you could hear a pin drop and it stayed that way for the rest of the film. My recommendation? Wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it.
Then, Sunday I took Stephen and Alli to see Cars. Another kids free, adults $1 movie at MJR. I'm cheap ya know! Now here's a movie I'll buy on DVD. Very cute, funny kids movie. Yet there were lots of lines in there for adults. Alli was bored with it but Stephen really liked it. I loved Mater....what a cute character!
I think we've filled our movie quota for the next three years. The kids want to go see Flushed Away. Maybe we'll see it in December with Melissa and the boys.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Let's Go To The Movies
Posted by Jen at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Dang! Me too! Jim took me to see the Departed a week ago Saturday and then yesterday we took Celeste and Dylan to see Open Season. We didnt get out so cheap though. After it was all said and done yesterday we spent $32.00 and we didnt even have to pay for Dylan! Two time's in almost a week and I havent been to the movies in almost 2 years!
Post a Comment