I just got home from my third night back to work. It's really not that bad. Many of the same people are still there. They are all excited to have me back and many can't believe that I came back after being gone for two and a half years. There's not really anywhere else that I can make that amount of money and only work a few hours a night. The work is the same if not easier and I am hoping to only do the minimum that is required. Last time I got hooked into doing all the extras and it got to be stressful. This time around I want to put in my hours, listen to my music and just freakin' go back home at the end of the shift. Some of the people there just get worked up over nothing, like they did way back when. It seriously is not that big of a deal....just get the work done and go back home to your family people!! It's not like we are saving lives or curing the world of diseases. Anyway, that's my work update.
Tomorrow we go to the orchard. Myself, the girls, grandma and grandpa out to good ol' Blakes on Armada Center. I guess I'll drive right past the HomeMakeover House. I'll probably be jamming out to some tunes with the girls and will miss it. :)
My husband fixed some things in our bathroom this past weekend and today my dad and grandpa fixed a much needed light in my kitchen. Now that we will have some extra bucks I'm hoping that we can fix some things that we've let go over the past six months. Wouldn't that be nice? We've been talking about painting two rooms for ages....let's get it done already!! I would love that. But Steve and I are both working hard to pay for Christmas and other things....so it might have to wait until the spring.
Baby Nicholas is going to be arriving shortly. I can't wait to hear the updates and see pictures. Alida, Theresa and I all will have kindergartners next year and now Alida, Theresa and Jackie will all have little ones in the same age range. Between the four of us there are going to be ten kids. Who would have thought?!? Good luck to Jackie and Jeff....good thoughts and prayers are being said for everyone!
P.S. It's late and I'm not proofreading....forgive any of my typos tonight!
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The New Normal
Posted by Jen at 11:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment