CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

My Dad came home today. Ten long days in the hospital for him and all of us. I don't think I've even been so happy to see someone come home home home from such a stay.

He's exhausted and not feeling well. He says he's just tired but to me it looks like he doesn't have any energy at all. He made it between the bathroom, his chair inside and his chair outside. That was the extent of his day. He didn't even visit his freshly cleaned bedroom at the far end of the house. Oh well, I guess there's always another day to do that!

I've spent two days putting his house, checkbook, bills, laundry, etc in order. And I wasn't alone. All four of us chipped in to get it done. It's the first time I've ever known of that my dad has no laundry to do. None. And I even got some of my brother's laundry done too. I told him it was a one time special gift from me to him.....I was the laundry guru today along with Kate's help.

Kate heads home tomorrow, back to the U.P. She's ready to see her husband and get out of dodge. I'm working this weekend so Melissa and Kevin have Dad duty. And I take Dad to the cardiologist hopefully by Wednesday if they set the appointment up tomorrow. He came home on a bunch of meds and that's not the end of it. Ugh.

Thank all of you for your prayers.....they were much needed and appreciated. And keep them coming. He's got some big time recovery to do before he's back to riding that bike 8 miles a day and pulling that fifth wheel out to the campground.

2 comments:

Camp Runamuk said...

Glad to hear you Dad is home. He will do the best he can to get well quick. I don't know of anyone who likes to be a patient. I'm glad it is summer because I think it is easier to be positive than in the winter. Better times are ahead for everyone!

Theresa said...

Good news! Being home may help his recovery so that is good. Perhaps I'll talk to ya later.