CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Dad

So much to say and probably not enough time. My dad had a heart attack and has been in the hospital since Tuesday. We figure he had the heart attack about five days prior to getting treatment. He just thought he was ill with the flu.



The heart attack was a pretty major one. Massive? Bad? Yes? I don't know? Just major. The trouble he is having now is probably stemming from him not receiving treatment as soon as he should have. If only.



He's been in the ICU since Wednesday night. He improves and then slides slightly backwards. They are trying to wean him off a medicine that is probably masking additional problems. It's a complex situation. His case is not easy to deal with.

I'm to the point now that I'm requesting only close family to visit and to keep their visits short. He needs rest. He needs to recuperate. He can't get that if there are a zillion people there. Why do people not know when to visit and when to stay the hell home?

He has got to be scared out of his skin. But he's getting through it. All of us are running on empty, little sleep and caffeine. I'm on the ICU diet. My dad's in the ICU and I don't eat. It's working well for me. I wish that it wasn't the case

I don't know what this week holds. More uncertainty. But this quote may get me through some tough spots....

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

1 comments:

Camp Runamuk said...

Jen, you are doing the right things and your Mom is proud of the way you are making good decisions for your Dad. People want to help but sometimes they don't use good sense. It makes all of us realize how short our lives are and how quickly it can be threatened. Your Dad will fight the good fight. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.