I so rock. I am the coolest parent ever. Oh wait, that would be the dad at the library today who held the boa constrictor. Okay, I'm the second coolest ever. I held the male corn snake for the kids.
Back up a minute....today's program at the library was Reptiles Inc. A guy from the area who rescues reptiles and makes a career out of it by bringing them to schools, parties, etc., was doing a program at the library with some of his reptiles.
So he spouted off about what makes a good or bad reptile pet, along with general info about each reptile. Then at the end asked for parent volunteers to hold each of the animals so that the kiddies could see them up close. I raced to the front and wanted to ask for the boa constrictor. Instead the words corn snake came out of my mouth. I lost my nerve. I wanted the big snake, darn it.
But I still rocked. My kids couldn't believe that I had gotten up to volunteer. And even bigger than that, I conquered one of my own personal demons. I would never in a million years think about holding a snake. Oh hell no. But I took this opportunity and did it. Didn't really like it all that much but it didn't freak me out like I thought it would.
Uh huh. Oh yeah. That's me, the big bad snake handler.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Snake Handler
Posted by Jen at 4:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Okay, a snake I can handle, no problem. I give you cheers for taking on one of your fears, cause you bet your ass that I would NOT run up to volunteer to hold a spider. No way. No how.
Post a Comment