First day of school for the girls. Gosh, are they pros. You would have thought they had been there every week since May instead of being on summer vaca. Their class is half returning students and half new students.
There's always one in the crowd. That child who's a little unsure, doesn't want to be part of the crowd. On the first day the parents all get to stay and the teacher makes a big deal about pointing out that there isn't enough room for the big people, thereby leaving her open to tell the students that they will return next class and their parents will leave. My girls appear to be fine with this again. Heck, we've been at this for three years. They could probably run the darn class if they were so inclined, without an adult.
Anyway, back to the freaky kid who didn't want to participate. Not only did she not want to participate she had a moron for a mother. MORON. As the child is throwing mega tantrums and screaming no the mother is videotaping her. As in "see how cute my little darling is, she doesn't like her first day of school". See me laughing? NO you don't because it was absolutely unbelievable to me that the woman was hiding behind her video camera instead of making the child do something other than scream the word no. I must have heard the little girl say or scream "NO" at least fifty times. Were my husband and I the only ones who had a problem with one child disrupting the whole class for an hour and a half??? I think not.
Now, I don't know about the rest of you parents out there but my children rarely tell me no. And when they do it doesn't fly with me. I'm the parent (insert dictator) do what you are told. There will be time for free will when you are old and gray. And when they do tell me no I most often go ballistic. As in my way or the highway, deal with it. Finito.
I get the fact that this little girl is going to have a problem with preschool. I know the teachers will work with her and give her special attention. What she really needs is a mother who isn't stupid. There are tests for so many things in this world. But no test to qualify someone to become a parent.
There should be. For good damn reason. Don't raise your children this way people. They deserve better than stupid parents.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Stupid Parents
Posted by Jen at 9:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
They deserve better than stupid parents.
I could not agree more.
Post a Comment