CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's Off To Work I Go

Monday I'm back to the nightly grind of W-O-R-K. That nasty four letter word. :) It's been a few years since I've brought in a regular paycheck and our family really could use the extra cashola. I was lucky enough to be able to get my last job back working for a trucking company at night. The atmosphere is nice, the ladies are pretty good to work with for the most part, I can listen to my MP3 player after I'm retrained and it's completely casual. I'll be missing out on putting the kids to bed and hanging out with Steve but he's promised to wait up for me so we can talk and go to sleep together. I'm looking forward to the money but not being away from my family even if it is only five hours. I guess I better just grow up, suck it up and head off to work!

For the past few weeks I've been working at home for a printing company doing piece work. I've brought in a nice chunk of cash doing that and it's gotten us some "extras" that I was wondering how we were going to afford. I've busted my butt doing work at home for these people and working at the crack of dawn on Saturdays. I'm still doing this work for them through the weekend. October is going to be a nice month when my all my paychecks come in. My girls are going to make the most beautiful disney princesses in the world and I'll be proud to realize that I helped contribute to that for once instead of just my husband's paychecks!

So besides burning the candle at both ends with the kids, the PTC and working at home I can't possibly think of what else I've been doing. Certainly not laundry, dishes and cooking. Those things fell to the wayside about three weeks ago! Maybe I'll be able to get back to my other job of being a stay at home mom who actually stays at home during the day....next week!

0 comments: