I read incessantly. I have one or two books that I'm reading at all times. Last week I read Love You, Mean It written by four women who are September 11th widows.
This book touched me, struck a nerve, made me think and pause. I was pulling for them. Pulling for them to rise out of their depression. For them to find their way and become halves of a whole again. Overall I found myself feeling a portion of their pain as they made their emotions leap from the pages and into my head. And saying a prayer for them. I prayed for these women that I'll never meet yet whom I wish to have wonderful endings to what can only be described as a horrible tradgedy and injustice in their loves and to their loved ones.
You can find a website to the book at http://www.loveyoumeanit.com/main.htm
I rarely re-read books and I never buy them for myself. But this one I plan on reading again and it's at the top of my Christmas wish-list. So, go read it and let me know what you think.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
A Book Review
Posted by Jen at 10:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment