We bought the kids one of those easy set pools this week. It's an 18 foot circle one and about 35" of water, 42" tall when you include the ring. The girls can easily touch the bottom and they've been swimming in it for the past four hours. It seems pretty easy to maintain. It's not quite level -- there is a 3-4 inch difference from one side to the other. That will not be the case next year now that we've learned our lesson. But once the 5000 gallons of water was in it we weren't going to empty it and make it right. I was even in it today even though the water temp is only about 76-78 degrees. It was refreshing for sure. Maybe now I can seriously work on my tan. If only the damn kids would stop fighting over my awesome silver raft and let good old mom tan herself on it.
Steve and I have shopped incessantly the past 24 hours. Dress clothes, food, pool stuff. Plus we lunched at Detroit's Hard Rock yesterday down at Campius Martius in the Compuware Building. Even took the kids to the park and sat by the fountain as we listened to the daily music going on at the park down there. I would love working right there...Steve hates it.
Anyway, the shopping is because we've been given the word that Grandma Betty has taken a turn and may not be with us after this weekend. Steve helped me get everything done and after haircuts for four out of the five of us and more shopping this morning he finally made his way to Flint. I'm hoping he makes it back home tomorrow for our anniversary (7 years of marriage for us) but I don't think it's very likely. He's getting stuff done for his mom and other family members. I think we've gotten a good handle on our portion. There's a lot to do for funerals or maybe it just seems that way when I have to arrange different things for the dog and girls, and then Steve, Stephen and myself.
If ya'll don't mind say a prayer for Grandma Betty and say one too for my Stephen. He's pretty upset about his great grandma not being with us anymore shortly.
Saturday, July 01, 2006
Pool, Shopping and Getting Ready For Stuff
Posted by Jen at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment