CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 30, 2006

Superbowl Hype

I live too close to downtown to ignore the fact that we are being invaded this week. And I have to admit that a small part of me is enjoying "our city" being in the limelight this week. I want Detroit to look good and I hope the visitors enjoy being here during this party week.

I'm enjoying the stories Steve has been coming home from work with. The building he works at has been taken over by media personnel. Everywhere he looks there is another TV network or radio show putting up their booth. How often in your life will you get to see in person those sports commentators or news reporters that we see on the national networks each night? I'm not sure how much work Compuware employees are getting done this week. If I still worked there I would probably be walking around a lot and trying to see who I could "see".

We are taking the kids downtown on Friday. Us, the hermits who never leave their house. Going downtown during the busiest week this city has seen in forever? Yeah, and you all know how much I enjoy busy crowds and craziness. But it sounded like a good time to have lunch at Compuware, hop the People Mover to Cobo and partake in the NFL Experience's private party on Friday afternoon. Then we'll get back on the People Mover and show the kids the rest of the city as we make our way back to Campius Martius. I'll keep my mouth shut and not be rude to people like I normally want to. And we'll make it back just fine.

I hope.

Pictures after Friday...

0 comments: