CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

The December/Holiday Update

We'll call this a two month update, because I may not get back on here for a while! My blogging is seriously hampered by the fact that I am back to work full time.

Christmas came and went. My kiddos were utterly spoiled. I took almost no pictures. I was not much in the mood for Christmas. I missed my mom and Christmas eve sucked. I was hoping that this year, being the second season without her, would be better. It wasn't. My family has split apart in so many ways since last Christmas. I think next Christmas eve we will make some different plans and find out what we can do with my dad that makes the time fun. This year? Was not so much fun. I cried a lot of it. That totally sucked.

Allison mentioned to me that she received about ten Barbies for Christmas. No seven year old needs ten new Barbies. But she got them and she's trying to figure out ways to play with them. She also got one of those insane cupcake makers. I could harm my sister in law for gifting Allison with one of those damn things! Angelina got lots of Pokemon. Stephen's theme was GI Joes and Star Wars. Oh, and strep throat. Except Santa didn't bring that to him. His classmates did. He spent some quality time in the ER on Christmas Eve morning. That's a place that's fun at the holidays! Thanks for my awesome husband for taking the boy there so I could go to work.

Steve and I? Clothes and random stuff. We are both getting big gifts later this month from each other. Steve will get his first in the form of a new TV. Me? Sometime soon I'll be sporting some bling bling. Have I mentioned lately my love of diamonds? My husband knows so I guess that's all that matters.

This past weekend? We spent time in Lapeer with Steve's sister, her kids and her boyfriend. The four of us adults went out to Lucky's for a great dinner and then to a local watering hole. I was the DD but I did partake in some refreshments early on in the evening. Fun was had by all, but especially my husband and his sister. I had to go through Mickey D's drive-thru for the drunk people I was driving around. That could have been the funniest shit I've had to do in a while. I forgot how funny the lushes can be!

Maybe another update later this week? I can't be going this long again between updates.

0 comments: