CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 06, 2008

A Deal is a Deal is a Deal

I've been absent in blog land but doing lots of deals out here in the real world. I left my house today with a rebate check in hand. Cashed that at the bank so I would have some cash on me to do some deals. I hate having to use my bank card for under a couple bucks...and you all know I never spend more than a couple bucks when I'm out wheelin' and dealin'!

And TAA DAAA, I actually came home with $1 more in cash than I started with plus bags and bags of stuff. I kid you not! There was a deal at CVS that did not print the ECBs it was supposed to. And you know me....I had to get the manager and ask for my bucks. She tried telling me it was an expired deal when there were stickers all over the product advertising the deal until December 31, 2008. She ended up having to hand me over a $5 bill as per her direction from her manager. And she hated every minute of it. Don't be mad at the buyer! I can't help it if the deals just fall in my lap!

Many cashiers ask me what I do with all the stuff I buy. I'm still happily gifting everyone and anyone who will take my freebies. One of my aunts was over last week (Hi Aunt Connie!) and I unloaded some of the freebies on her and my uncle. My rule of thumb...when the bin overflows I have to either stop shopping or give it away. And I can't stop shopping...I'm addicted! My aunt turned around and found a deal and gifted me with some new kitchen curtains. The curtains look great (love them!) and my bin was less full for a couple of days. Because, you know, by now I have re-stocked!

I gift co-workers....a girl at work overheard me talking about what the girls want to be for Halloween and she spoke up with the offer of the exact costumes I needed. I took her up on it and have two very happy little six year olds. And no...it's not going to be a Disney Halloween around here for the girls....for the first time in a long time! And tonight I'm going to "gift" my co-worker with a bag full of freebies. I wanted to do something nice for her and I hope that does the trick. My cost for their costumes? $0! The looks on their faces? Priceless!

And of course, I'm still giving away everything but the kitchen sink to my dad and sister. I made my dad go through my bin on Saturday and he went home with a bagful too. And Melissa? Well, I'm always unloading stuff on her. The only work she has to do is send me certain coupons a few times a month when I ask for them and drop off bags of freebies to a shelter in her city. Yep, total strangers get freebies from my sister and I too.

Today's deal just might rival last week's when I got four 12 packs of Diet Coke and Sprite plus a gallon of milk and paid $.30 out of pocket. Out of pocket!! I've never come home with that much stuff for thirty cents. And I had never come home with more money than I started with. Until today that is......

0 comments: