CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 24, 2006

How Many Days Does It Take...

before the other shoe drops? Before old habits return? Before we realize that it's really happening?

What am I talking about? Where is my craziness coming from? (My wonderful husband and equally crazy cousin may be able to answer that second question, both with different answers!)

Ah, anyways I digress. Today marked the 9th full day of Angelina eating AND drinking. Two days prior to that she had partial days. Our girl hasn't had a tube feeding in over 9 days.

I ask Steve how he feels about it and he's in waiting mode. Waiting to see if it's all too much for her and she reverts. Our hearts have been "mis"led down this road a few times. You don't want to put yourself out there only to be rebuffed by her non-eating habits time and again.

But I feel like it's happening. I mean, come on. Nine full days? Doesn't it take something like 21 days to break old habits and form new ones? After not eating or drinking for YEARS, aren't we due to be onto something new here? She's been eating solids since February, consistently.

And it all happened just like this back in February. No pressure from us. One day the kid didn't eat a thing and the next she was eating peanut butter, ice cream and tons of baby food. So last week she asks for a drink and the next thing you know she's asking for more and more and quickly she's drinking so much that I don't have to tube feed her.

I guess I'll let you know how many days it takes us to realize this is really it when we finally figure it out. It'll be a while....

1 comments:

Theresa said...

I am waiting along with you and hoping this is the start of something great! Crossing my fingers for ya!