I have to admit. I have a problem with Supernanny. And she would have a problem with me. Naughty corner/bench/seat - loved it. Getting parents to interact with their kids - well of course. Seeing her direct the moms of twins to stop dressing their kids alike - I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THAT.
You see, that's me. She's talking to me there. Well, not directly, but you get my point. I'm that mother. When my kids go to school they usually are dressed in matching clothes. I buy all of their stuff that way. I figure if I like it enough to buy it for one of them then why can't I buy a different color for the other child? I'm not quite to the fanatical point. They have completely different underwear, who wants to share underwear? They do not share coats or other outerwear. But they are both assigned a color.
Angelina is pink. Allison is purple. It's been that way since they were in utero. I felt I was doing a good thing because then they would have their own stuff. That worked until this summer when Allison was throwing fits because she wanted to wear the pink. But mommy wasn't having it because pink wasn't Allison's color. We got through it and I was informed by my loving cousin that I've ruined the children for the rest of their lives. At that point I was fine with it.
Then the last two episodes of SuperNanny have made me wonder. I'm still dressing them the same. JoJo hasn't converted me quite yet. But I may have to make some fashionista changes around here if I don't want to make my children into freak-o-nature twinsters before they turn five.
Thursday, November 17, 2005
SUPERNANNY vs Jennifer
Posted by Jen at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment