CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 24, 2006

Choices

I'm making a change. I no longer choose to be overweight. There are about 60 pounds that have accumulated on my body that I am choosing to get rid of. That's equal to the size of my 6 year old. Yikes!

I am choosing to loose the majority of the weight between now and Christmas. Just in time to be given a whole new wardrobe as Christmas presents instead of the household junk I usually request because I don't want anyone to buy me fat people clothes.

The weight is beginning to come off, a few pounds at a time. And for that I am thankful. I'm not heading toward any fad diet or food system that you see advertised on tv. No, that's not for me. I'm doing it the way that is much easier. Good old fashion calorie counting and healthy food choices. Along with drinking 70-90 ounces of water a day. I forgot how much I loved fruit and water. And I really do, no joke. For about 8 years though my "love" for pizza, chips, ice cream and coca-cola clouded my vision. Along with McDonalds, Burger King and Taco Bell. It's easy to see how I would have gained so much weight and kept gaining. Classic overeating and horrible food choices.

I'm not feeling hungry either. Which is amazing me because most days I am under my 1200 calorie allowance. I figured I would be starving. With a capital S. Not the case. And I think I've figured out why. I've read in multiple places that your tummy rumbling many times signals a need for water, not food. Your body's way of telling you to drink. And since I'm floating away on H2O, I'm not feeling that grumbly rumbly tumbly. Yah for me.

Today is day 10 of this lifestyle change. I'm already noticing a difference in the number of chins my face possesses. And a tremendously welcome difference in the way I'm sleeping. That is, I'm actually sleeping and not waking up a 100 times per night. All good things.

Look for my progress as the weeks fly by. And look for the old me in the coming months. Not a new me, because it's going to still be me - just the way I use to look way back.....

0 comments: